Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bud Collins's mind wanders

Bud Collins said that Yanina Wickmayer's noise when she hits that ball sounds like 'whoopee', and said: "I don't know--maybe she is making whoopee out there."
Reminds me of another inappropriate comment made by Cliff Drysdale. Back when Martina Hingis was still on the tour and dating some other tennis player (Magnus Norman, I think). She was not playing particularly well, and he said that perhaps it was because she was spending too much time with her boyfriend..."but I don't think she would like to hear me say that." There was a pause, and his co-host (Mary Jo Hernandez or Mary Carillo) said: "I don't think I like hearing that."

Awkward.

But we can all laugh it off and point out how they are quaintly from another era.

No comments:

Post a Comment